» Fasting is the greatest remedy – the physician within » Paracelsus 15th century physician
In 2012 I practiced a 24hour water fast, every week, for a period of about 6 months.The first effects were the weigh loss (about 3 kg), my skin became smoother, and I also noticed as time went by, an improvement of my memory and concentration.
I was following Paul’s Bragg (american naturopath) advices who wrote, among others, a book on the fasting.I summarized a few of the ideas found in this book, hoping they could be stimulating enough to experience the fast:
- Eating at regular times, even if not hungry is wrong and scientifically outdated.
- Excess of sleep is due to autointoxication
- The body is self-repairing, self-healing and self-maintaining
- Fasting gives the body a chance to restore its functions
- Oxygen not only purifies the body, but is also one of the great energizers of the human body.Deep Breathers live longer and healthier… »You should sleep with your windows wide open »
- Water is more important than the food.Pure water is the cheapest form of medicine to a dehydrated body
- Our thoughts are influenced directly by what we have eaten
- After the fast, the mind becomes more powerful
- When we use the body, we build endurance, strength and vigor.Impurities and toxins are expelled when you exercice.
- Rest and Sleep must be earned with physical and mental activity
- Fasting brings spiritual rebirth
Recently I tested for the first time what we call in naturopathy the mixt fast: 4 days, out of which 2 days with water and 2 days a dry fast (no water, no nothing).I’m happy to have donne it as it was a great experience and really felt it like a rebirth on all dimensions.
« All the vitality and energy I have comes to me because my body is purified by fasting » Gandhi